Saturday, December 12, 2009

Here

Here. right here. released. into thin air. into what I thought would be safe. but for now i float. aimless. airless. as if gravity never had a name to begin with. it's cold. dark. i wait for you to tell me where to go. to tell me my mind isn't playing tricks. you lie. you dance on my shoulder and leave marks on my skin. scars. indents that never pop up. they are impossible to rid. i try. to erase them. to expunge. to eradicate. still you sit there. making yourself comfortable, smiling serenely. I look the other way. my head moves back to the malign sound as if i am forced to turn back. i look into the cave. at crepuscular. under the Cimmerian shade. i take a step. into a puddle. into a lake. into an ocean where my feet cannot touch the ground. I'm drowning. asphyxiated.inundated. immersed.

No comments:

Post a Comment